There are no accessory packages for this product, but we're working on it. Please call us for details about accessory packages for this product.
Panasonic's Lumix DMC-GF5X Micro 4/3 Camera With 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens (Black) is a sophisticated image-making photographic and video machine disguised as a mild-mannered advanced amateur camera. The DMC-GF5X is a compact and lightweight (less than 8 oz) camera that couldn't be any easier to operate, with automated scene, face, motion, subject and light detection systems in place to produce great results every time.
On the other hand, the 12.1MP Live MOS sensor and Venus processing engine are superlative tools that are reducing noise, and putting out beautiful images time after time, no matter what the conditions. The 14-42mm lens (equivalent to 28-84mm in 35mm format) gives you a true wide-angle at one end of the zoom, and a short telephoto that's perfect for portraits at the other end. Power O.I.S. (optical image stabilization) prevents camera shake from ruining pictures because of slow shutter speeds. The G X electric power zoom allows you to select the speed of the zoom (especially useful for shooting video). The upgraded autofocus captures an image in an incredible 0.09 second. Sensitivity up to ISO 12800 means you don't have to put your camera away when the light begins to drop.
Full HD 1920 x 1080 video is at your fingertips, with many of the same creative options that are available for still photographs. The gorgeous 3.0" LCD touch-screen monitor has 920,000 dots of resolution for clear, beautiful images when you're composing or reviewing your work, or using the touch function to focus right on the monitor screen, for stills and for video. An array of creative features and color modes mean endless creative possibilities when you're shooting with the GF5X.
- New 12.1-Megapixel Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine True Picture Quality
- The DMC-GF5X incorporates newly developed 12.1-megapixel Live MOS sensor which features high sensitivity signal processing. Both photodiode circuit and readout circuit are also optimized to minimize noise generation through processing to readout. Furthermore, newly added NR circuit completes Panasonic's excellent noise reduction system that thoroughly removes noise left at final processing stage
- ISO 12800(Extended)
- Optimization of on-chip filter realizes image recording with even higher sensitivity at max. ISO12800 (extended). Images to be shot in low-lit situations are stunningly clear with highly sharp resolution.
- Greater Beauty, Higher Speed, and Less Power Consumption Venus Engine
- The image processor Venus Engine is also renovated for the DMC-GF5. With a combination of 3DNR (3D Noise Reduction) and MNR (Multi-process Noise Reduction), both bright area and dark area are faithfully reproduced with minimum noise in high sensitivity image recording.
- More Accurate and Faster than Phase-Difference AF 0.09 sec Light Speed AF
- The DMC-GF5X features the approx. 0.09 seconds of ultra high-speed Light Speed AF which is achieved by reducing the detection time for focusing by the synchronization of the lens and the sensor at 120 fps. Not only the accuracy but also the speed excels by far than the high-end digital SLRs with phase-difference AF with the advanced contrast AF system in the DMC-GF5X.
- For Maximum Freedom in Composing Images Full-area Focusing with Touch AF
- The DMC-GF5X incorporates full-area focusing which makes it possible to set focus on any point in the field of view. Frame composition is free and intuitive combining the touch-screen operation.
- Image Quality Is Easily Maintained by Protecting the Live MOS Sensor Dust Reduction System
- If dust or other foreign matter gets inside the camera when you're changing lenses, it could cling to the image sensor and show up as a spot in your photos. The Dust Reduction System in the DMC-GF5X helps eliminate this possibility by placing the Supersonic Wave Filter in front of the Live MOS sensor, between the low-pass filter and shutter. Vibrating vertically around 50,000 times per second, the filter repels dust and other particles effectively.
- From Very Beginner to Advanced Amateurs Best Shooting Modes Suitable to Your Own Style
- The LUMIX DMC-GF5X offers a variety of features that encourages user to enjoy expressive photography according to the user's stage of skill - from very beginners to advanced amateurs.
- Greater Beauty and Deeper Knowledge Scene Guide
- For beginners of interchangeable lens system cameras, the new Scene Guide in DMC-GF5X offers 23 sample pictures shot by professional photographers*. You can choose the one closer to the scene they encounter and optimum parameters for shooting the scene will be automatically set. Furthermore, shooting procedure, technical advice and recommended interchangeable lens for the scene can be shown for users to learn photography.
- Adds Artistic Touches with a Diverse Palette Creative Control
- The Creative Control lets you enjoy giving your intention to make the image even more impressive. With the new GUI and menu tabs, switching filter effect is extremely easy and is possible to preview via the Live View. Effect parameter, defocusing area and exposure compensation are also adjustable. You can use the Creative Control for shooting videos. It renders highly unique expressions by matching the colors to your subject and surroundings. In Miniature Effect Mode, the video recorded is played back in 10x fast-forwarding making it more comical to watch.
- Useful, Convenient Shooting-Assist Functions
- Functions such as Shake Detection with Power O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilization) built into the included lens; Face Recognition; Subject Detection with AF Tracking; Motion Detection; Scene Detection; Light Detection with Intelligent D-range Control; and Intelligent Resolution Technology give you control over every aspect of your photos.
- Six Color Styles to Choose From
- Choose from Standard, Vivid, Natural, Portrait, Scenery, and Monochrome (black and white) for just the look you want.
- Intuitive Control and High Visibility 920K-dot Touch Display
- With the 3.0-inch large 920K-dot high-precision touch display featuring a field of view of approx. 100%, the DMC-GF5 offers both ease and comfort in operation. The touch-control system immediately lets you to set focus to the subject by just touching it on the screen and you can even release the shutter.A wide-viewing angle lets you frame your shot in a variety of ways for both shooting and viewing. The Intelligent LCD function also automatically adjusts the brightness according to shooting conditions.
- For More Flexible Use LUMIX G X 14-42mm Power Zoom Lens
- The electric zoom lever on the left side of the lens barrel makes it smoother to zoom, and you can concentrate on the shutter operation with the right hand. Zoom operation can be controlled with touch control. Speed of zooming can be adjusted in 2 steps.
- Extended, High-Resolution Videos 1920 x 1080 Full HD Video
- The DMC-GF5X is an advanced photographic tool for recording not only great photos but also beautiful full HD 1920 x 1080 videos in AVCHD (MPEG-4 / H.264) format. The AVCHD format features almost twice the recording time in HD quality than the conventional Motion JPEG and excels in the compatibility with AV devices like HDTVs or Blu-ray Disc players.
- MP4 Format Recording
- The DMC-GF5X can record videos in MP4 format. This format is suitable for editing videos on a computer or uploading those to websites. Resolution can be selected among 1,920 x 1,080 (20Mbps), 1,280 x 720 (10Mbps), and 640 x 480 (4Mbps), all at 30p (NTSC).
- High Quality Sound
- A stereo microphone, featuring Dolby Digital Stereo Creator, on the upper body records dynamic, true-to-life stereo audio that brings out the power of your HD videos. The DMC-GF5X lets you adjust the audio input level in four steps. The Wind Cut function is available to block out most of the noise from background wind. This gives you higher quality sound when taking images on breezy days.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5X Micro 4/3 Camera With 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens (Black)
Front and Rear Lens Caps
Lens Storage Bag