There are no accessory packages for this product, but we're working on it. Please call us for details about accessory packages for this product.
- Foveon X3 Direct Image Sensor
- The Foveon X3 Direct Image Sensor uses an innovative pixel structure that uniquely captures all red, green, and blue (RGB) color information in each pixel location, with three layers, rather than the typical single layer of alternating colors. This provides accurately colored and detailed imagery, with greater three-dimensional depth--incorporating 46 effective megapixels and 44 recording megapixels.
- Dual TRUE II Image Processors
- The dual TRUE II (Three-layer Responsive Ultimate Engine) image processing engine dedicated to Foveon X3 direct image sensors improves the processing speed and overall quality of your final image. By incorporating two TRUE II processors, the DP3's image-processing algorithm provides high resolution power and reproduces high definition images with rich tones and smooth gradients
- 50mm f/2.8 Lens
- The DP3 Merrill offers a 50mm f/2.8 lens, which is the equivalent to a 75mm lens on a 35mm camera. The lens can focus as close as 8.9" (22.6 cm) resulting in a near-macro 1:3 maximum magnification. Its aperture range is f/2.8-16, the maximum aperture of f/2.8 allows for clear low-light photography. The lens design includes Special Low Dispersion glass and aspherical lens elements to compensate for aberrations and Super Multi Layer Coating for reduced flare and ghosting.
- Advanced User Interface
- The custom Quick Set (QS) button and the metallic command dial are easily accessed on the camera's rear plate. Exposure and menu settings can be changed quickly using the command dial. The Quick Set menu, which consists of the most commonly used functions, can be easily displayed by pressing the QS button. It allows photographers to change the menu content and the order depending on their preferences.
- 3.0" TFT Color LCD Monitor
- The DP3 Merrill features a 3.0" TFT color LCD monitor which provides great visibility even in bright sunlight. This approximately 920,000 pixel resolution monitor benefits from a wide viewing angle, making it easy to capture detail and to check focus and composition.
- Continuous Shooting
- A large volume buffer memory enables the camera to capture up to 7 RAW images per sequence in continuous shooting mode. Using the high speed data transfer and processing, the DP3 Merrill features a continuous shooting speed of up to 4 frames per second. In addition, it is possible to capture up to 5 frames per second and up to 14 images per sequence in continuous shooting mode in Medium and Low image quality mode.
- Autofocus Features
- The DP3 features a 9-point select mode which can select the desired focus point from 9 different frames and Free Move Mode which can move the desired focus point within the frame. New Face Detection AF prioritizes focus on the face of a subject when detected by the sensor and AF Limit Mode can adjust the range of auto focusing for faster performance. Shutter Priority AF offers faster focus adjustment by stopping the live view to increase the speed of the auto focusing. The new AF+MF mode allows you to adjust the focus manually after verifying the AF by rotating the focus ring.
- Manual Focus
- Complete Manual Focus is also available via a focus ring on the lens, just like an SLR camera. It is also possible to magnify the LCD display to ensure even more precise focusing.
- RAW and JPEG Capture
- Capture the fantastic clarity and quality of RAW data with its lossless compression, the universal compatibility of JPEG, or the convenience of JPEG + RAW--giving you the most creative freedom and flexibility possible in every shot.
- ISO Sensitivity by 1/3 Steps
- ISO sensitivity can be set from ISO 100 to ISO 6400. By setting the range to 1/3 EV steps from the default 1 EV steps, it is possible to set the sensitivity to ISO 125 or ISO 160. ISO AUTO, where the camera automatically sets the ISO sensitivity according to brightness of the shooting environment allows you to set the upper limit and lower limit depending on your shooting style.
- Hot Shoe Mount
- The DP3 Merrill is equipped with a hot shoe, allowing use of the optional dedicated external flashgun EF-140 DG as well as Sigma electronic flashes for SD series.
- Movie Mode
- Movies can be recorded with VGA (640×480) size at 30 frames per second.
- Color Modes
- Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Portrait, Landscape, Black & White, Sepia, FOV Classic Blue
- Sigma Photo Pro
- The supplied image processing software, Sigma Photo Pro, converts RAW data quickly and easily. It renders the full, 46MP data with ease, allowing you to view and edit rich and detailed images with ease and speed.
- Languages Supported
- English, Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese (Simplified), Korean, Russian, Chinese (Traditional), Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, and Finnish
Sigma DP3 Merrill Compact Digital Camera
BP-41 Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery
BC-41 Battery Charger for Sigma DP Merrill Digital Cameras
NS-31 Neck Strap
Hot Shoe Cover