The black Lumix DMC-ZS30 Digital Camera from Panasonic is a versatile, high-quality compact camera with a 20x optical zoom lens, manual exposure control, Wi-Fi connectivity and touch-control LCD screen. Its 18.1MP MOS sensor and new Venus Engine image processor provide low-noise images, accurate colors and fast performance and its 20x optical zoom lens stretches from ultra wide-angle to super-telephoto lengths for a wide range of shooting applications. This Leica DC Vario-Elmar lens offers the 35mm equivalent focal length of a 24-480mm lens with a maximum aperture of f/3.3 at the wide-angle end. This aperture is wide enough to capture low light action and the camera's Hybrid Optical Image Stabilization will compensate for camera shake to provide clear photos and videos when shooting at the telephoto lengths that this lens offers. If you need to reach a bit further, a 40x Intelligent Digital Zoom feature is also available. Aspherical and Extra-low Dispersion lens elements and Nano Surface Coating minimize aberrations and flaring for sharply rendered images.
Full HD 1080p video recording with built-in stereo sound is supported by the ZS30 and a dedicated one-touch button will take you instantly from photo mode to video. You can also shoot 13.5MP still images while recording a video without cutting the video. Slow- and fast-motion video and multiple lower resolution recording is also possible and 5-Axis Correction minimizes blurring across the entire shooting range. A 3.0" 920k-dot Touch-control LCD screen is provided for composition and playback. You can control autofocus, zoom, shutter and playback with simple gestures on the touch-screen. It also features an auto level gauge to keep your images straight.
The DMC-ZS30 has built-in Wi-Fi and by downloading the Panasonic Image App to your iOS or Android smart phone or tablet, you can wirelessly send your shots to your device for instant sharing and storage. The App also allows you to use your device as a remote control for shooting and viewing photos and HD video. NFC (Near Field Communication) allows you to connect camera to phone with just a touch and sharing images with a friend's phone is just as easy. Direct upload to social networking sites, auto transfer and wireless TV playback are all possible with the Image App. The camera also has built-in GPS with geo-tagging, mapping and compass functions.
The ZS30 offers full resolution burst shooting of 10 frames per second and its Intelligent Auto mode allows the camera to set the optimal adjustments while you compose and shoot. If you want your settings to be even more specific, 18 individual photo Scene Modes, such as Panorama, Sunset or Night Portrait, offer predefined settings that correspond to the scene you are shooting. High Dynamic Range is included to capture balanced shots of scenes that contain both dark shadows and bright areas. Four photo aspect ratios in multiple resolutions are available (4:3, 3:2, 16:9 and square-shaped 1:1) and manual exposure control is supported so you can adjust aperture and shutter speed to create images exactly the way you envision.
For expressive imaging, Creative Control and Creative Retouch allow you to add 14 artistic effects before or after you shoot, for example Retro look, Toy Effect or One Point Color. Creative Panorama offers the same effects on panorama images and Creative Control is also supported in video mode.
The DMC-ZS30 is conveniently powered by both a conventional AC adapter and via the included proprietary charge and sync cable that plugs into any USB port. PHOTOfunSTUDIO 9.0 image management software is included with your purchase.
- 18.1MP High Sensitivity MOS Sensor and Venus Engine Image Processor
- A 18.1MP High Sensitivity MOS Sensor offers high-speed signal output and high quality image recording even in low light conditions. The new Venus Engine Image Processor is powerful enough to handle multiple operations simultaneously and provides the ability to process Full HD data at high speeds. Its Noise Reduction System keeps images clear even at high ISO.
- Leica DC Vario-Elmar 20x Optical Zoom Lens
- A 20x ultra wide-angle optical zoom lens provides the 35mm focal length equivalent of a 24-480mm lens, which incorporates shooting possibilities from ultra wide-angle to super-telephoto. At the wide-angle end, group shots, expansive interiors and exaggerated angles are possible and the 480mm telephoto capability will bring distant subjects in for their close-up. A 40x Intelligent Digital Zoom function is also available for even longer reach. To ensure sharpness and greater color fidelity, the lens' optical design features 3 aspherical and 2 Extra-low Dispersion lens elements and Nano Surface Coating on the lens elements improves clarity by reducing flaring and ghosting.
- Full HD 1080p Video with Dedicated One-touch Button and Stereo Sound
- Full HD 1080p Video recording is available with a dedicated button that switches you immediately from photo mode into video mode. Shoot in MP4 format for viewing on your computer or AVCHD if viewing with Blu-ray players or on a VIERA TV. Dolby Digital sound with a wind cut function provides stereo audio recording and Intelligent Auto, 20x Zoom and Creative Control Modes are supported in video. In Miniature Effect Mode you can create 10x fast-moving movies. HYBRID Optical Image Stabilization with 5-Axis correction provides movement compensation for smooth, blur-free videos and Level Shot Function keeps you shooting straight. Also, while shooting HD video you can simply push the shutter button to create a 13.5MP still image without cutting the video.
- 3.0" Intelligent Multi-touch LCD Display
- Composition and playback are viewed with the large 3.0" TFT Color LCD display with 920,000 pixel resolution. It provides 100% field of view and features multi-touch control including Touch AF, Touch Zoom and Touch Shutter.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- The ZS30 provides Wi-Fi connectivity with Near Field Communication (NFC) technology. By downloading the Panasonic Image App to your iOS or Android smart phone or tablet, you can not only instantly transfer images to your device for sharing, but you can use your device as a remote control to shoot photos and HD videos with the ZS30. NFC technology allows a simple touch of your phone to the camera to transfer images and auto transfer wirelessly sends images to your computer anytime you charge your camera via the USB input. The Panasonic Image App also provides instant sharing between friend's smart phones, direct upload to social network sites and wireless playback on compliant HDTVs.
- HYBRID Optical Image Stabilization
- The O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) suppresses the vibration from hand-shake, which is generated when pressing the shutter button or when shooting with a slow shutter speed. It provides clearer images with less blur. The O.I.S. also is effective with long telephoto shots, which are especially susceptible to hand-shake. HYBRID O.I.S. combines O.I.S. with 5-Axis Correction and provides clear images with smooth movement when recording video.
- Intelligent Auto
- In the iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode, the camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose your shot and capture the moment. Combining Automatic ISO and Exposure, Face Detection, Intelligent Scene Detection, HDR, HYBRID O.I.S. and all its assistive features into one mode, the camera's detection and correction functions adjust the camera to its best possible setting.
- Manual Exposure Control and Custom Settings
- The DMC-ZS30 provides easy-to-use manual exposure control. You can set the aperture to control the depth of field, and adjust the shutter speed to freeze moving subjects or create a motion blur that emphasizes the feeling of movement. Manual exposure allows for greater creativity and control and is the key to developing your shooting skills. Also supported are aperture priority, shutter priority and 4 custom exposure settings that you create to be available without the need to re-adjust settings.
- Burst Shooting
- The newly developed MOS sensor lets the DMC-ZS30 shoot 10fps (frames per second) in 18.1MP full resolution and 5 fps with continuous AF. Intelligent Burst Shooting in the iA Mode automatically sets the frame rate of burst shooting according to the subject's movement and in lower resolution, you can shoot up to 60 frames per second.
- Aspect Ratios
- The ZS30 shoots in four aspect ratios. Its native ratio is 4:3 and it also captures in 3:2, 16:9 and 1:1 at multiple resolution levels.
- 19 Scene Modes including HDR
- Scene Modes provide predefined settings to make shooting certain types of scenes easier. The Scene Modes are: Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Hand Held Night Shot, High Dynamic Range, Food, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Starry Sky, Glass Through, Underwater, 3D Photo. There is also High Speed Video mode which shoots video at a 10x fast-forward pace.
- Creative Control and Retouch Modes
- With Creative Control you can add 14 different expressive effects such as Sepia, Soft Focus and Miniature Effect to your images before you shoot. With Creative Retouch, add those same effects after you have shot your images. Creative Control is also provided when shooting panorama photos.
- GPS and GLONASS
- The GPS in the DMC-ZS30 complies with GLONASS (Global Navigation Satellite System) to further enhance its detection accuracy for pinpoint geo-tagging of your images. The camera's GPS function also provides mapping, compass and landmark information on your camera's LCD.
- Languages Supported
- English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Russian, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Dutch, Thai, Korean, Turkish, Portuguese, Arabic, Persian, Japanese, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Greek, Vietnamese