With Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution and 4000 ANSI lumens of brightness at a tack-sharp 50,000:1 contrast ratio, the BenQ SP890 DLP Digital Projector creates a unique theater experience wherever it's used.
The SP890 can deliver 720p, 1080i and 1080p/60/50/24 high definition signals from a satellite, a cable box and Blu-ray discs. And those images will stay in pristine digital form (no analog conversion required) along the path between the device and the SP890 thanks to its two HDMI 1.3 inputs.
The part that forms the picture in this projector is a Texas Instruments DLP DMD panel. It features an innovation that TI calls BrilliantColor. Unlike other technologies such as LCD that use just three primary colors to produce the image, DLP Technology with BrilliantColor uses up to six separate colors.
Color accuracy is paramount to a quality image. BrilliantColor not only improves color accuracy, it brightens secondary colors as well. This combination produces a new level of color performance that increases the brightness of the colors by up to 50% over DLP projectors without BrilliantColor for accurate, true-to-life images.
The SP890's Hollywood Quality Video (HQV) by IDT makes even 480i signals look almost as good as high definition.
The SP890 not only projects stunning pictures, it can do so all over the world with its 100 – 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz auto switching power supply and its ability to handle NTSC, PAL, and SECAM video signals. Its OSD (on-screen display) offers your choice of 16 languages.
Best of all, your SP890 is energy efficient. It uses only 440 watts to project its super bright image and in standby mode it draws less than a watt.
- 4000 ANSI Lumens at up to a 50,000:1 Contrast Ratio
- If you're looking for brightness and resolution, the BenQ SP890 makes an ideal choice. This Full HD projector offers super bright 4000 ANSI lumens high brightness and up to a 50,000:1 high contrast ratio.
- Premium Full HD 1080p Resolution
- With the BenQ SP890, business presentations, classroom lectures or watching Blu-ray discs in your media room will never look the same—even in large venues like conference halls, auditoriums and large home theaters. The SP890 supports multiple video formats including 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p—giving you the flexibility to present in the latest video formats with Full HD quality. The BenQ SP890 sets a new standard of video presentation that delivers five times more detail than traditional 480p projectors.
- Hollywood Quality Video (HQV) Image Quality
- Sophisticated HQV processing not only renders HD video sources in true 1080p high definition, but enhances standard definition content to new levels of clarity and vibrancy. Lower-resolution video sources such as 480i, whether analog or digital, are automatically converted to produce full HD-like image quality.
- Extremely High Contrast Ratio
- The combined expertise of BenQ's projector know-how, Texas Instruments' DynamicBlack and Philips' VIDI lamp technology delivers an astounding 50,000:1 contrast ratio for superbly rendered image definition, even in the darkest scenes, and a brilliant 2500AL to counter any ambient room lighting.
- Texas Instruments BrilliantColor Performance
- BenQ's high-speed, 6-segment color wheel delivers the best balance between optimal brightness and color, while BrilliantColor Technology boosts mid-tone colors to increase overall brightness to produce a more life-like picture.
- VIDI Lighting Technology Adjusts Light More Effectively
- BenQ has joined efforts with Philips and Texas Instruments to create VIDI—a sophisticated color enhancement technology which adjusts to the overall brightness level of different scenes. By flexibly controlling the brightness output of the projector lamp in milliseconds, the SP890 gives you the most optimal situational color ratio through three distinguished projection modes. Enjoy the best image projection for all your presentations in any room every time.
- True 10-bit Processing for Image Intensity and Rich Gradation of Color
- True 10-bit color processing allows the SP890 to distinguish and display more than one billion(!) colors. This results in dramatically greater color precision and a more life-like picture than is possible with 8-bit technology, which produces only 16 million colors.
- Independent Color Management Puts You in Control
- Your SP890 allows you to independently adjust six different colors. Change one color, and the rest remain as before.
- Remote Maintenance with Crestron RoomView
- BenQ is proud to introduce Crestron-supported RoomView network service for companies, schools and other organizations. The SP890 is Crestron RoomView-supported to provide IT personnel and projector managers simplified real-time, facility-wide central access and control over a single projector or groups of projectors simultaneously via a single station.