There are no accessory packages for this product, but we're working on it. Please call us for details about accessory packages for this product.
The Sony HVR-S270U is an HDV camcorder designed for ENG applications, while still being highly cost-effective. Incorporating all the benefits of HDV technology, the camera can also take advantage of standard-size DV tapes for increased run-times.
Additionally, the HVR-S270U can record directly to CompactFlash cards via the camera's supplied memory recording unit. Combined with Sony's entire family of HDV products, the HVR-S270U is a great camcorder for almost any production, including documentaries, news, low-budget movies, music videos, and industrials.
- ClearVID 3CMOS Technology
- Sony's ClearVID sensors are positioned at a 45° angle. Since each pixel is positioned at this angle the result is far clearer diagonal lines. Images will appear crisper, without the apparent "jaggies" that often plague video signals.
- Record to CompactFlash
- The camera comes with an attachable recording unit, allowing users to record HDV and DV to CompactFlash cards. With cards getting larger and larger in capacity, the ability to take advantage of tapeless workflow while still using cheap media is a welcome addition.
- High Definition on MiniDV Tapes with HDV
- The HDV format, used in the HVR-S270U, allows high definition recording on standard MiniDV tapes. This is accomplished by using the very popular MPEG-2 compression technique used in many applications, including DVDs and satellite television.
- 24p Capability
- In 24p mode, images from the CMOS can be 2:3 pulldown-converted and recorded onto tape in the standard 60i HDV format. The tape can then be played back or edited using an ordinary HDV system. True 24p editing can be achieved by uploading 2:3 pulldown-converted images via an i.LINK FireWire interface to a compatible non-linear editing system. The resultant images resemble the visual motion of film!
- HDMI Output
- Many consumer products are adopting High Definition Media Interface (HDMI) connections for transmitting uncompressed digital HD video signals. Sony has upped the ante by incorporating this into the already extensive array of video output choices on the HVR-S270U. Connect the camera to any HDTV via this interface and view all your footage the way it was meant to be seen: purely digital!
- High Definition LCD
- When shooting HD footage, standard LCD screens can be very deceiving; what looked perfect amidst a full-day video shoot can sometimes prove very soft or out of focus while in post-production. The HVR-S270U comes equipped with 1-MegaPixel LCD screen, eliminating this oft-pesky phenomenon. Record with confidence, knowing that what you see is what you will get. The LCD is well-placed on the top of the viewfinder for simple operation.
Sony HVR-S270U 1080i HDV Camcorder
12x Zoom Lens
CR2025 Lithium Battery
ECM-XM1 Monaural Electolet Condenser Microphone
CD-ROM Operating Instructions
Printed Operating Instructions
HVR-MRC1 Memory Recording Unit Kit