There are no accessory packages for this product, but we're working on it. Please call us for details about accessory packages for this product.
Nikon's AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Lens is an attractive alternative to the classic 50mm f/1.4 "normal" lens for everyday shooting with an FX or 35mm camera. The 50mm f/1.8 is nearly as "fast" as the f/1.4 (just 2/3 stops difference), and provides reduced lens flare and ghosting (plus superior color consistency) through the use of Nikon's Super Integrated Coating. Aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of aberration.
Nikon's Silent Wave Motor gives you smooth, silent and precise autofocus operation, and the M/A mode lets you quickly and easily override the autofocus system for fine manual focusing with almost no time lag. This lens is also compatible with DX cameras. When used with a DX camera, the angle of view would be equivalent to 75mm.
- Fast f/1.8 Compact FX-Format Prime (Fixed Focal Length) Lens
- This updated classic with a fast maximum aperture is ideal for everyday shooting, perfect in low lighting situations and great for producing images with beautiful background blur (Bokeh). The AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G includes Silent Wave Motor technology (SWM) for fast and precise autofocus, M/A Focus Mode Switch for seamless changes between manual and autofocus operation and an aspherical lens element for outstanding optical performance with high contrast.
- Get Astonishing Low Light Results
- This lightweight standard lens is a great travel companion because you never know when a beautiful, sunny day will turn cloudy and rainy. With its fast f/1.8 aperture, the AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G will capture even low-light situations with stunning brilliance.
- Achieve More Natural Depth of Field
- Whether you're shooting portraits, food or nature-indoors or outdoors-the AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G renders a beautiful, natural background blur (Bokeh) at its wider aperture settings. And its 50mm focal length is perfect for creating natural perspective in your photographs.
- Shoot Tack-Sharp Portraits Every Time
- Nikon's Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare, while the AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G's Aspherical Lens Element (AS) virtually eliminates coma and other types of aberrations, even when shooting at the widest available aperture. Pair that with Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for fast, accurate and quiet autofocus, and you can be sure all of your portraits will be tack sharp.
- Quiet Autofocus
- A significant innovation in AF lens technology, Nikon's Silent Wave Motor uses ultrasonic (inaudible) vibrations-rather than a gear system-to focus the lens, providing incredibly smooth, silent and precise autofocus operation.
- Quick Switching from AF to MF
- When fine manual focusing is needed, simply rotate the lens focus ring-M/A mode allows you to seamlessly override the AF system with virtually no time lag.
- Effective Aberration Correction
- Since the 1960s, aspherical lenses have been an important part of the NIKKOR lens family. Virtually eliminating coma and other types of aberration, every new addition to the lineup provides a new level of contrast, resolution and compact design.
- Reduce Lens Flare and Ghosting
- Nikon's Super Integrated Coating enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced lens flare.
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Lens
LC-58C 58mm Lens Cap
LF-4 Rear Lens Cap
HB-47 Bayonet Lens Hood for AF-S 50mm f/1.4G
CL-1013 Soft Lens Case