The AVR-1612 5.1-Channel AV Surround Receiver from Denon presents a powerful foundation for any home theater system, providing an array of inputs and outputs for both advanced and legacy equipment, vibration-resistant construction, and high resolution audio and video processing to make your movies, music and video games truly come alive. Its HDMI 1.4a connections offer support for 3D video (including 3D TV broadcasts), Audio Return Channel, Deep Color, x.v. color, Auto Lipsync and HDMI control. So when you add a Blu-ray player, DVD player, game console or other entertainment device you can enjoy premium audio and video in your own living room.
This receiver offers fully discrete, identical quality and power for all five channels. It supports decoding for a multitude of audio formats including lossless Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio and even Dolby Pro Logic IIz. Additionally, it includes Audyssey's MultEQ and auto setup that will 'fingerprint' your listening space with an included microphone to ensure you're hearing optimal audio. It analyzes sound from up to six different listening positions in your space and adjusts volume level, equalization, and delay settings for each speaker. You can also connect your iPod, iPhone, or USB flash memory device directly via the USB port to expand your options, and the unit's Compressed Audio Restorer affords crisp, clear playback of your compressed digital files.
The AVR-1612 also offers several features that make it easy to operate, including a GUI that overlays your HD sources, rather than having to switch off what you're watching to make adjustments. One more convenience is Audyssey Dynamic Volume, which equalizes volume fluctuations in real-time so you won't have to reach for the remote every time there's a whisper-quiet dialogue scene or a loud explosion in the movie you're watching. All in all is receiver offers an excellent way to maximize your audio and video sources and enjoy thrilling surround sound for your home theater setup.
- New Features
- Direct play for iPod and iPhone via USB
- Setup Wizard, providing easy-to-follow setup instructions
- Easy operation, Graphical User Interface
- GUI overlay on HD Source
- Four (4) Quick Select buttons, for easy operation
- Full HD Support
- With four HDMI inputs, the AVR-1612 allows you to route multiple high-definition devices--like game consoles and Blu-ray players--to your TV. It also allows you to connect all of your devices to your TV with a single HDMI cable, reducing cable clutter.
- Vivid 3D Visuals with HDMI 1.4a
- The AVR-1612 comes equipped with HDMI 1.4a, allowing you to make the most of several premium video features:
3D Pass-Through: With the advent of 3D media, it is important to own a receiver that recognizes 3D video signals. The AVR-1612 is able to pass through 3D signals from your Blu-ray player, ensuring that the 3D effect doesn't get lost in translation. It also recognizes signals from 3D television broadcasts.
Audio Return Channel: HDMI 1.4a also features an Audio Return Channel, which allows both audio and video content to be sent through a single HDMI cable. This eliminates the need for separate audio and video cables running from your TV to the receiver.
Deep Color and x.v.Color Support: The AVR-1612 also supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture.
- iPod Connectivity
- With a built-in USB port, the AVR-1612 supports digital music playback from an iPod, iPhone, iPad, or USB drive. The receiver can also be used with the Denon Networked Control Dock (sold separately) for network streaming or docking your iPod/iPhone. A compressed audio restorer guarantees that standard MP3 playback is crisp and clear
- State-of-the-art Denon Solutions for Maximizing Content Quality
- Fully discrete, identical quality and power for all 5 channels (120 W x 5 ch):
To faithfully reproduce the original surround sound, each of the AVR-1612's 5 channels is equipped with the same power amp of equal power. Since these power amps also use discrete circuits configured with parts strictly selected for their contribution to high sound quality, rather than with low-cost integrated circuits (ICs), the surround sound playback is of impeccably high quality.
High-definition audio support:
The AVR-1612 has a decoder that supports Dolby TrueHD, the audio format of Blu-ray disc players, and DTS-HD Master Audio, another high-grade digital audio format.
Dolby Pro Logic IIz
Providing two additional height channels, this feature adds a vertical dimension to the soundstage, providing more immersive surround sound (with an optional, external amplifier).
Minimum Signal Path for clear audio and video signal:
The "simple and straight" design concept has been thoroughly implemented in the signal paths to contribute to immaculately clean audio and video playback. Signal paths are as short as possible to keep signal degradation in the audio and video circuitry to an absolute minimum.
Direct Mechanical Ground Construction:
Vibration-resistant construction has been reviewed to thoroughly suppress the adverse influences of vibration on sound quality. The power transformers, a source of vibration, have been securely mounted on the highly rigid bottom chassis. Direct mounting of feet to the radiator in near proximity to each other serves to suppress mutual vibration with the power transformers and other sources of vibration.
- Ease of Use
Setup Wizard, providing easy-to-follow setup instructions: First select the language when prompted. Then simply follow the instructions displayed on the TV screen to set up the speakers and so on.
GUI overlay on HD Source: You can easily make settings for your home theater system while viewing menus on the TV screen. These menu displays can also be output to the monitor over HDMI.
Easy operation via icon displays: The AVR-1612 includes one-touch Quick Selection buttons that let you instantly select frequently-used video/music sources and surround modes. Icon displays on the buttons make it easy to recognize the buttons' functions.
Audyssey Dynamic Volume for real-time volume adjustment
Audyssey MultEQ and Auto Setup:
-- Tower type microphone for more accurate measuring
-- Up to six (6) measurement points
-- High level resolution filters for satellite speakers and subwoofer
- Additional Features
- Audio Delay function (0 to 200 msec)
- Muting level settings (Full/-40 dB/ -20 dB)
- Variable subwoofer crossover switching
- Lower power consumption at standby (0.1 watt)
- Sleep timer function
- Auto surround mode
- Audio level memory, capable of correcting different signal levels for each input device
- Certified by Apple as "Made for iPod / iPhone"