With 2600 ANSI lumens and a 2000:1 contrast ratio the Canon LV-7295 LCD Multimedia Projector has the power required to display bright, sharp WXGA (1024 x 768) images in less-than-ideal ambient light conditions like classrooms, boardrooms or conventions.
While these features alone might be enough to warrant purchasing the projector, the user-friendly design and intuitive on-screen menu reveal a multitude of advanced, efficient features usually available in units two or three times the LV-7295's modest cost.
Designed to deliver impressive image quality, the LV-7295 has the best of LCD technology, which allows it to be small, light and portable, but still have the performance to serve as a very capable installation projector. Auto keystone adjustment detects the tilt of the projector when placed on a flat surface, automatically adjusting it to square up the image. One of the LV-7295's many attributes is portability. At only 6.6 lb. (3kg), the projector is as likely to move from room to room as it is to be permanently mounted.
The unit's wide connectivity includes analog RGB, component video, S-video inputs as well as an audio output, but the 10W speaker is powerful enough for most audiences or meetings. Network connectivity not only allows remote control and monitoring of functions, but also enables maintenance timetables and alerts via email. The LV-7295's RS-232 Serial Port allows for local control of the LV-7295 through a third-party control system. Running at a whisper-quiet 29dB in Quiet mode, the projector won't challenge the speaker for attention. When operating in a noisy environment or when working with the hearing impaired, dialog captions can be conveniently displayed in sync with the action.
Finally, all of this doesn't come at the expense of the environment. The LV-7295 employs multiple methods to affect energy savings and confirm a shrinking carbon footprint.
- LCD Technology
- Designed to deliver impressive image quality, the LV-7295 has the best of LCD technology, which allows it to be small, light and portable, but still have the performance to serve as a very capable installation projector
- Native XGA Resolution (1024 x 768)
- For clear, sharp video, diagrams and text, the LV-7295's native XGA (1024 x 768) resolution delivers. It is perfect when paired up with your XGA laptop computer, and through high quality compression will also support a widescreen WXGA resolution computer
- High Brightness - 2600 Lumens, High Contrast - 2000:1
- You will see bright, clearly visible images with the to the LV-7295's 2600 lumens. Adding to the quality is a 2000:1 contrast ratio, thanks to the projector's built-in auto iris, which produces deep blacks and bright whites. Another major benefit of the LV-7295's AC lamp system is that it lasts up to 6,000 hours in Quiet mode
- 1.2x Optical Zoom Lens
- With the LV-7295's 1.2x optical zoom lens, you can pick the spot you want to place the projector in the room and choose just the right screen size, secure in knowing that the LV-7295's lens will fit your needs. You'll have the benefit of the LV-7295's impressive distance coverage, from 4.3 to 38.7' (1.3 to 11.8 m) and screen sizes of 40 to 300" (1016 to 7620mm). It's just the kind of flexibility you'll need in small or moderately large spaces
- Reduced and Simpler Maintenance
- The high performance of the LV-7295 is matched with impressive durability in use and simplified maintenance. While delivering more, it costs you less in time and maintenance.
Longer Lamp Life
With up to 4000 hours lamp life in Normal mode and 6000 hours in Eco mode possible, the extended lamp life of the LV-7295 lowers operating costs and reduces maintenance.
Longer Air Filter Life
The high-performance three-layer hybrid filters of the LV-7295 can last up to 5500 hours in Eco mode. Consisting of perforated metal, urethane and metal mesh, anti-dust performance is greatly improved and filter life is dramatically lengthened over that of single layer electrostatic filters. It offers significantly reduced maintenance time.
Easy Access Lamp
To make replacing the lamp quick and easy, the LV-7295's lamp is located on the top of the projector. There is no need to move the projector, even if it is ceiling mounted. To further aid in maintenance, a replacement counter indicates when lamps and filters require changing
- Convenient, Easy to Use Features and Design
- Making the LV-7295 more convenient and easier to use were the goals of the Canon designers. You'll find controls and features made to let you concentrate on making better presentations.
Quick Start and Quick Power Off
Quick start and quick power off make it more convenient to operate the LV-7295 and help to lengthen lamp life. With the push of a button this projector will quickly spring into action for a spur-of-the-moment presentation, or shut down to be packed for use in another meeting room.
Auto Setup Function
Setting up the LV-7295 is both quick and easy with the auto setup function. Through a single button you can set auto input, auto PC and auto keystone correction.
With the projector placed on a flat surface, the engagement of auto setup will employ sensors which will detect the tilt of the projector in relation to the screen, automatically correcting for any keystone distortion - up to +/- 20 degrees vertically. Of course, keystone correction can be adjusted manually as well up to +/- 30 degrees.
Easy to use and clear controls for volume and menu mean that the focus of a presenter will be on the presentation, not on running the projector. The LV-7295 makes it simple to switch between input sources at the touch of a button. Buttons which are familiar in look and feel to those of printers and copy machines fall easily to hand. For added convenience, the wireless IR remote control can be used.
The clear to read, white text on black background of the LV-7295's on-screen menu is easy to navigate. For added convenience, choose from 21 languages for the menu display.
Multiple Image Modes
Users can select from multiple image modes to ensure content is optimally displayed.
Presentation - bright setting that emphasizes contrast overall - most suitable for presentations (PowerPoint, etc).
Standard - setting that provides standard easy-to-see images.
High Contrast - provides clear, easy-to-see images in brighter environments.
Cinema - setting best suited for movie projection (DVD and HDTV) as it excels at providing gradations of dark portions of images.
Blackboard (Greenboard) - reproduces close hues when projecting on classroom blackboards.
Colorboard - reproduces close hues when projecting on colored walls.
In addition, on the image quality adjustment menu users can manually perform more detailed settings such as contrast, hue and brightness and then save those settings to memory in one of four user image modes.
Even if you don't have an external sound system to use, the 10W high output speaker of the LV-7295 delivers clear, well produced sound for venues of varying sizes
- Flexible Connectivity
- The LV-7295 connects to a variety of devices, including laptop and desktop computers, DVD players, and digital cameras and camcorders.
Network-ready RJ-45 Port
To maximize the usability of the LV-7295, the built-in RJ-45 port enables centralized control and monitoring from a networked PC. This makes it simple for an A/V team to operate ceiling mounted installed projectors from a remote PC, allowing fewer personnel to cover a larger service area.
RS-232 Serial Port
Control the LV-7295 through a third-party system with the built-in RS-232 serial port.
Video Input & Output
The LV-7295 has a composite video input and analog RGB output for high-definition video projection and composite video monitoring.
Multiple Audio Inputs & Output
Two audio mini-jack stereo inputs and one output are found on the LV-7295 for relaying audio through external speakers. It provides the flexibility needed to play audio from a linked DVD or PC source
- Quiet Operation and Closed Captioning
- Quiet Operation
Give your audience the silent treatment with the quietness of the LV-7295. In Normal mode the projector runs at 36dB and that drops to 29dB in Quiet mode, allowing all ears to be on the presentation.
If you are presenting to a hearing impaired audience or in a venue with a high level of ambient noise, the LV-7295 can deliver closed captioning to make any difficult to understand dialogue perfectly clear
- Peace of Mind
- Canon USA Projector and Lamp Limited Warranty
The LV-7295 projector is backed by Canon USA's projector and lamp limited warranty, which guarantees that it will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for 3 years from the date of original purchase, and the lamp for 120 days from the date of original purchase.
Projector Protection Program (Triple P)
Add to that Canon USA's Projector Protection Program ("Triple P"), a free service program that provides a loaner projector of equal or greater value in the event that a qualifying unit is in need of repair. Triple P is available on all Canon projector models during the Canon USA projector and lamp limited warranty